10 Travel Tips For a Sure-fire Weekend Getaway!
How does a Spring Break getaway sound? Here are 10 foolproof tips to make it practical and remarkable.
Maaji founders Amalia and Manuela Sierra are our travel inspirations; they have traveled to over 50 countries and have incredible stories to tell! They gave us their best traveling tips, no matter the destination; these are their must-do before and during any trip.
Get your duffle bags ready for a weekend getaway! Escape from reality in a dreamy destination. Find a special place to enjoy life; it doesn't matter if your trip is long or short, far, or close, we are ready for fun! This Spring Break, we've got you covered.
We’ve created a short guide with travel tips that will cater to fulfilling your truest dreams. Remember to do Spring Break your way. May you have happy, safe and wonderful travels.
1. Plan your fun: read about your destination.
Do some research before traveling, find out what the weather is expected to be, make sure to delve into the things you like, whether that be cultural events, art, museums, Instagrammable spots, delicious food, beaches, adventure hikes, amusement parks – every destination has its very own Maajical places and possibilities.
2. Travel solo at least once in your life.
Traveling alone can mean meeting amazing people that are traveling solo as well. It can be a possibility for openness, to learn about different cultures, to explore other languages. It’s also a wonderful and unique way of enjoying your own company, relaxing and growing.
3. Pack like a pro and be ready to go.
· Pack larger and heavier items at the bottom to keep delicate ones safe and protected.
· Tuck items you might need quickly within convenient reach, or the very first layer of the suitcase – your toothbrush, chargers, medicines, and your first night’s pajamas.
· Use packing cubes to pack sets together. Choose the outfits you plan to wear everyday and the accessories you love and will style them with.
CLICK ON YOUR FAVE TO SHOP
· You can fold your clothes or roll them neatly depending on how much space you need. Be mindful and efficient.
· Pack dresses, bodysuits, matching sets, swimsuits, sleepwear and jackets.
These are our faves for the season:
CLICK ON YOUR FAVE TO SHOP
4. Stash extra cash for emergencies.
Bear in mind that there can be lovely activities in which you can’t use card – perhaps street food or small interesting shops that will only receive cash. Practical caution allows spontaneous freedom.
5. Bring your own water bottle.
Hydration is energy. Carrying your own bottle can specially reduce the amount of plastic waste that comes with buying non-reusable water bottles. You can also heat water in your hotel, let it chill and refill your bottle. (PS: It will also save you money!)
6. Keep your documents safe.
Collect your documents and put them in a safe, guarded place, where they’re easy to reach every time you might need them. Have a spare passport photo and a printed copy of your documents separated from the rest in case of an emergency.
7. Enjoy yourself.
No matter the destination, make the best of your trip! Be mindful and present, be open to life, have fun and laugh. Enjoy the moment and seek your pleasure. Cherish every place, restaurant, and conversation. Life is a book of memories. Create them with zest, passion, and love, and with a deliberate mindset to make of your vacation and unforgettable memory.
9. Honor time: slow down to enjoy your trip.
Make time to enjoy every city, place, restaurant, and person you meet. Try to travel with a loose itinerary - in that way if you love a city too much, you can stay an extra day or two to enjoy it. The best things in life are unexpected. Be comfortable, make use of a backpack with everything you need. Wear easy pieces, jumpsuits, dresses, activewear, leggings.
10. Be all about local wonders.
Try new foods but also explore the uniqueness of the place you’re in, step out of your comfort zone, experience what locals do and eat. Try to find those unique places that aren’t touristy. Most of the time, those are also the best foods in town!
Here are Maaji Top 3 Bags for different travels:
We hope you enjoy this short travel guide!
May you have happy, safe and wonderful travels.